Sunday 13 February 2011

my cup of tea

It's all because I'm not used to writing semi-formal, popular science texts for everyone and no one in particular. I'm far better with small audience, everyday topics, ups and downs of an ordinary individual torn between different roles that our times impose on women, who are supposed these days to be the female version of the superman. I feel much more relaxed when I'm not too serious about staff and about myself in general. And that's where writing becomes fun in itself.

That's why my blog posts here are so scarce. After all, it's a "teacher's blog" - and shouldn't a teacher set example for his/her students? Isn't it expected from a teacher to be a role-model of some kind?

But there is still some hope left for me as the author of this blog. From what the statistics say, most people find this website when they're looking for some facts about the former British PM, Margaret Thatcher. But they have absolutely no idea, how to spell the surname. Thus, they end up here, with a Polish teacher of English, who could not in the least be called an "Iron Lady". Not even an "ironing lady" - because I don't iron. So, bearing in mind the absence of the Reader, maybe it wouldn't do much harm if this writing of mine was less "teacher's" and more "blogging".

No comments:

Post a Comment