Wednesday 16 February 2011

on the wonders of reading in the library

All right. I've just brought my daughter to some workshop for kids in the nearby library. Which means, I have time to explore.

It's definitely my kind of place. I remember coming to different libraries, always with a bit late delivery of books due a week or two weeks earlier, but always with the sense of entering a world that is complete in itself in a most amazing way. What overwhelmed me to the degree that I seemed to lose my breath was the amount of books still to be read. Probably it was the same feeling that Ali Baba must have experienced when he'd said "Open Sesame!" and entered the cave.

So, let me excuse you for a while. There are namely some shelves that I presently should see to. First, biographies. With no electricity and internet at home today, it turns out a surprisingly great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment