Friday 1 April 2011

postcard from the other hemisphere

When I looked into my "snail mail" box, to my surprise I found more than bills to be stored on the "guilt pile". There was an amazingly green postcard, with a stamp showing spectacular scenery of mountain peaks seen form the flat surface of azure water. It was a postcard from my Student, who went on a two-month cycle tour across New Zealand.

I texted her after the earthquake in Christchurch, but at that time the group was still exploring the northern island. Now they've moved south, where vegetation is far more exotic. She says it's great, even though the showers that made the recent days so wet that she cycles in wet clothes, sleeps in a wet tent and eats wet sandwiches.

Of course I'm very happy that during this 3300-kilometre route she's able to remember about her E.T.*!


You can learn about the expedition on the website of the organizers, CROTOS Travellers' Association.
* English Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment