Wednesday 28 October 2009

improve your english

I can't resist the temptation to upload here my favourite advert promoting English learning. I recalled this short video when I was watching a DVD training material for teachers, attached to one of the teacher's books published by Oxford University Press. The training DVD showed a case study of a one-to-one lesson. The teacher was an English woman in her mid-fifties, and her student - a German manager. He was quite fluent, however, hardly capable of producing the "th" sound. It veered towards "s" all the time.
That's how I remembered this 40-second story about the German Cruise Guard.
Enjoy.

case study - studium przypadku
one-to-one lesson - lekcja jeden na jeden (indywidualna)
hardly capable of - niemalże niezdolny
veer towrds - zmierzać w kierunku, skłaniać się ku

No comments:

Post a Comment